Saf-Instant® Red is a granular free-flowing yeast for use in doughs with sugar levels of up to 12% (Baker’s Percent).
Saf-Instant Red is best for short-time fermentation processes.
INGREDIENTS Yeast, Sorbitan Monostearate, Ascorbic Acid
• Provides uniform fermentation throughout your baking system
• Vacuum packaging ensures freshness, consistency, and minimal activity loss until opened
• Provides tolerance to higher dough temperatures
• Improves machinability
• Free-flowing properties make it as easy to scale and meter as other dry ingredients
• Warmer dough temperatures are preferred while using Saf-Instant Red; this decreases the need to cool doughs to maintain proper fermentation
• Can reduce mixing time 10 - 30%, compared to compressed yeast RECOMMENDED USAGE
Saf-Instant Red is recommended for various baked goods including:
- • Artisan • Bagels • Baguettes • Crackers • Croissants • Donuts • English muffins • Flat breads • Hearth breads • Pan breads • Pizza crust
The yeast comes vacuum sealed in a 1 lb. package and its long shelf life can will be extended even further in the fridge or freezer. After opening, Red Star yeast maintains potency for a minimum of 5 years when stored in a freezer. Some users have reported it keeping much longer than that. The yeast is granulated and until the package is opened it feels almost like a solid brick because of the airtight vacuum seal.
- An all-purpose, professional-grade instant yeast
- No need to proof, just add to flour
- Available in a vacuum-packed, 1-pound brick
- Makes about 96 loaves of bread
- Store in an airtight container in your freezer