|What are the differences between cake donuts and raised donuts?
- Texture: Cake donuts are denser and have a cake-like texture, while raised donuts are lighter and have a yeasty texture.
- Leavening: Cake donuts are made with baking powder, while raised donuts are made with yeast.
- Shape: Cake donuts are often shaped as circles, while raised donuts are often shaped as rings.
- Flavor: Cake donuts are often flavored with nutmeg or cinnamon, while raised donuts have a milder, slightly sweet flavor.
- Appearance: Cake donuts have a smooth surface, while raised donuts have a bumpy surface with visible air pockets.
- Preparation: Cake donuts are typically fried for a shorter time than raised donuts and are cooled on a wire rack. Raised donuts are typically fried for a longer time and are allowed to cool and rest before being glazed or topped.
Apple Spice Cake Donuts Glazed Raised Donut